Useful information and tips for your travels
The best tips on how make your RV sparkling clean
Tips for cleaning your RV inside and out
The same applies to your RV as to your own four walls: it's most comfortable when everything is clean and tidy. But where can you clean your HYMER RV thoroughly and what is the best way to do it? Which cleaning products should you use and where are the most stubborn spots or those that are often overlooked?
This guide gives you valuable tips on everything to do with cleaning the exterior of your motorhome, caring for the interior and everything else you need to pay attention to. Good care doesn't have to be complicated - it just takes a little time.
Everything you need to know about vehicle weight classes:
1. With a B-Class driving licence, you are allowed to drive a vehicle with a permissible maximum laden mass of up to 3,500 kilograms. For vehicles over 3.5 tons, a separate driving licence is required.
2. In many European countries, motorhome drivers have to pay a toll. While motorhomes up to 3.5 tons tend to be treated like cars, larger ones are often subject to the same regulations as lorries.
3. Under German road traffic licensing regulations (StVZO), all motorhomes belong to Class M and are taxed based on the exhaust emission standard and graded according to maximum laden mass.
4. Inspection intervals for motorhomes up to 3.5 tons are the same as for cars. Some motorhomes over 3.5 tons are subject to more frequent and much earlier testing and inspection.
5. In some cases, vehicles over 3.5 tons may have to observe different traffic regulations than for vehicles with a maximum laden mass of up to 3.5 tons.
"Blindspot" warning label for your motorhome when on vacation in France.
Since the beginning of 2021, France requires a "blind spot" warning label for all vehicles over 3.5 tons. You should take this labeling rule into account when traveling through France with your motorhome. There is a transitory period until the end of 2021: If the warning label on your motorhome does not strictly comply with the new regulations, a warning will usually be issued. Motor home drivers will only be charged if they have not installed a warning label at all. The labels or signs are available at some ADAC offices, at gas stations near the border, and online.More Information at ADAC
Numbers in a case of emergency
Should you find yourself in a situation in which you need rapid assistance while on the road, we have compiled a list of the most important telephone numbers for you here.
For all technical questions regarding your vehicle:
HYMER Technical support
+49 7524 999360
Monday - Thursday: 8 am - 12 pm and 1 pm - 4 pm
Friday: 8 am - 12 pm
You can download our list of emergency numbers here:
Download phone list (in german language)
Rent and enjoy freedom
Drive wherever you want and stay where it is most beautiful. Rent easy motorhome rental is a bit of freedom with the highest comfort. With a motorhome or Camper Van by HYMER, you will experience maximum safety and unforgettable adventures as standard.
Interested in renting a mobile home? Then visit our rental organisation:
Camping in winter
Winterised or winterproof?
Always well protected from snow and frost
Although the two terms sound similar, there are significant differences between them. Both are based on official standards are can therefore be clearly and unmistakably defined. All HYMER motorhomes are supplied ready winterised. The HYMER camper vans too can be winterised with the appropriate optional extras, making it ideal for winter camping.Let's go winter camping
Experience HYMER vehicles on tour
Find inspiration in our travel stories: