Useful information and tips for your travels
Everything you need to know about vehicle weight classes:
1. With a B-Class driving licence, you are allowed to drive a vehicle with a permissible maximum laden mass of up to 3,500 kilograms. For vehicles over 3.5 tons, a separate driving licence is required.
2. In many European countries, motorhome drivers have to pay a toll. While motorhomes up to 3.5 tons tend to be treated like cars, larger ones are often subject to the same regulations as lorries.
3. Under German road traffic licensing regulations (StVZO), all motorhomes belong to Class M and are taxed based on the exhaust emission standard and graded according to maximum laden mass.
4. Inspection intervals for motorhomes up to 3.5 tons are the same as for cars. Some motorhomes over 3.5 tons are subject to more frequent and much earlier testing and inspection.
5. In some cases, vehicles over 3.5 tons may have to observe different traffic regulations than for vehicles with a maximum laden mass of up to 3.5 tons.
Numbers in a case of emergency
Should you find yourself in a situation in which you need rapid assistance while on the road, we have compiled a list of the most important telephone numbers for you here.
For all technical questions regarding your vehicle:
HYMER Technical support
+49 7524 999360
Monday - Thursday: 8 am - 12 pm and 1 pm - 4 pm
Friday: 8 am - 12 pm
You can download our list of emergency numbers here:
Download phone list (in german language)
Experience HYMER vehicles on tour
Find inspiration in our travel stories: