Useful information and tips for your travels
Everything you need to know about vehicle weight classes:
1. With a B-Class driving licence, you are allowed to drive a vehicle with a permissible maximum laden mass of up to 3,500 kilograms. For vehicles over 3.5 tons, a separate driving licence is required.
2. In many European countries, motorhome drivers have to pay a toll. While motorhomes up to 3.5 tons tend to be treated like cars, larger ones are often subject to the same regulations as lorries.
3. Under German road traffic licensing regulations (StVZO), all motorhomes belong to Class M and are taxed based on the exhaust emission standard and graded according to maximum laden mass.
4. Inspection intervals for motorhomes up to 3.5 tons are the same as for cars. Some motorhomes over 3.5 tons are subject to more frequent and much earlier testing and inspection.
5. In some cases, vehicles over 3.5 tons may have to observe different traffic regulations than for vehicles with a maximum laden mass of up to 3.5 tons.
Further information and an overview of the most important regulations can be found at Caravaning Info.
Numbers in a case of emergency
Should you find yourself in a situation in which you need rapid assistance while on the road, we have compiled a list of the most important telephone numbers for you here.
For all technical questions regarding your vehicle:
HYMER Technical support
+49 7524 999360
Monday - Thursday: 8 am - 12 pm and 1 pm - 4 pm
Friday: 8 am - 12 pm
You can download our list of emergency numbers here:
Additional links for your travels
Prepared for every adventure – with the HYMER FREEONTOUR programme
Plan your route online or with an app with the FREEONTOUR route planner, which has been specifically developed for camper vans, and find the perfect campsite or pitch with the practical search function. To make sure you can benefit from insider tips at all times while on the road, you can also share your experience and adventures with other motorhome enthusiasts on the FREEONTOUR portal. Let the next travel adventure begin!
Visit the FREEONTOUR portal
Camping in winter
So cool: all-round protection from snow and frost
All HYMER motorhomes are winterised before they leave the factory. The Camper Vans from HYMER can also be winterised with the appropriate optional extras, making them ideal for winter camping.
Interesting articles about winter camping can be downloaded here:
Experience HYMER vehicles on tour
Find inspiration in our travel stories: